Sunday, March 3, 2013

Publix & Farmer’s Market – March 2, 2013


     I survived my first week at the new job, working full-time.  While I would be fibbing if I said it wasn’t a major adjustment (waking up at 5 everyday AND eating lunch without my favorite pooch), it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.  We both had clean clothes to wear all week, dinner was on the table every night by at least 6:30, and we both had a lunch of hot leftovers for work the next day.  Mission accomplished.  Waking up at 5 o’clock all week made sleeping in on Saturday impossible, so we headed off to Publix and the farmer’s market at 7:45 am.  I was able to get a large majority of meal prep for the week done before lunch time on Saturday.  I am hoping for another smooth week of getting dinner on the table.  Below is a list of my menu plan for the week and you will notice that many items have “(freezer)” listed beside them.  These are things that I am pulling from my freezer, which I either made yesterday or a few weeks ago.  I have recently fallen in love with my tiny freezer and I find it comforting to come home after a long day to find that dinner is practically done.  Many of these recipes will be coming soon to the blog, but for now here is my menu plan for the week:

Sunday
·         Herbs de Provence Chicken
·         Broccoli Rice Risotto
·         Sautéed Cabbage

Monday
·         Easy Pea Soup (premade on Sunday)
·         Whole Grain Corn Muffins (freezer)

Tuesday
·         Roasted Chicken
·         Black Bean Tomato Rice (freezer)

Wednesday
·         Veggie Burgers (freezer)
·         Cornmeal Griddle Cakes (freezer)
·         Roasted Brussels

Thursday
·         Breakfast Casserole Bites (freezer)
·         Stir-fried Broccoli & Carrots
·         leftover whole grain corn muffins

Friday
·         Leftover Breakfast Casserole Bites
·         Waffles (freezer)

Saturday
·         Leftovers


DSC08272


·         Dairy
o   ½ gallon Publix Greenwise Organic milk @ $3.99
o   (1) 8 oz. block Cabot Vermont Cheddar Cheese @ $2.50
o   Silk Almond milk @ $3.35
§  $0.55/1 manufacturer coupon - $2.80
o    Eggs @ $4.00 (farmer’s market)
·         Grocery
o   (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats Cereal @ $3.79
o   (2) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $3.98
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Coffee @ $5.99
o   (1) 15 oz. can Muir Glen Organic fire roasted tomatoes @ $1.34
o   Vlassic Farmer’s Garden pickles @ $2.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.99
o   (1) 6 oz. can Muir Glen Organic tomato paste @ $1.09
·         Meat
o   Publix Greenwise skinless chicken thighs @ $2.69/lb. – $11.89
·         Frozen
o    (2) Cascadian Farm broccoli @ $4.98
§  (2) $0.75/1 manufacturer coupons & (1)$2.00/2 Publix coupon - $1.48
o   (2)Birds eye frozen peas @ $1.99
o   (2) Birds eye frozen Brussels sprouts @ $2.45
·         Produce
o   Organic Bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $1.95
o   1 head green cabbage @ $2.15

Total before coupons              $63.33
Less: coupons used                   (5.05)
Total with Tax                        $58.28

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment