Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Country-Style Ribs Baked in Barbecue Sauce and Feet

IMAGE_056


A week ago I had minor surgery on both of my feet.  However, I am sneaky.  Someone caught me in the kitchen while I was supposed to be "resting."  I must point out I did have my feet propped up, just as the doctor ordered.    I got my stitches out today and am back in action.  I said goodbye to my    "space boot" shoes and hello to sandals....finally.



DSC03546


Ingredients

  • 4 pounds country-style ribs
  • 1 ½ cups Barbecue Sauce, recipe below
  • 1 cup orange juice

DSC01128
DSC01131 (2)
DSC01139 (2)
DSC03522
DSC03525
DSC03526
DSC03533


Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Arrange the ribs in a large baking dish.
  2. Whisk together the barbecue sauce and orange juice. Pour the mixture over the ribs and turn to coat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours.
  3. Uncover the ribs and increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional hour, turning them once after 30 minutes of baking. Remove the ribs to a plate and cover. Let rest for 15 minutes. Spoon off the fat from sauce and serve the ribs with the sauce. Serves 6 to 8.
Barbecue Sauce

  • ¾ cup catsup
  • ½ cup cider vinegar
  • ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ cup light or dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
  • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice




DSC03539
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment