Sunday, November 18, 2012

Publix – November 16, 2012


     I am a day late getting my weekly grocery blog post up.  We have been dealing with a sick doggie the past few days.  Otis has an infection on his foot.  We noticed a few days ago that he was excessively licking his paw, an unusual behavior even for him.  Saturday morning resulted in a visit to the vet and I am so thankful we went.   The vet gave him a steroid shot, fluid medicine for his ears, and a two week round of antibiotics.  I found it hilarious that we had to pick his medicine up at Publix Pharmacy.  The medicine bottle even read “OTIS SPANN (CANINE).”  With this little medical scare, I have come to realize that I treat our dog more like a child, than a pet.  I even stayed home with him this morning during the early service at church.  My sweet doggie slept with his head in my lap and he was finally able to get a little rest.  The antibiotics have made Otis feel lousy, but he did perk up for a little fetch later in the day.   We are hoping our boy will get better soon!  I am going to try to keep up with my biweekly blog posts during the holidays, so hopefully I will do better next week! 


DSC07194



·         Dairy
o   1 gallon Publix Greenwise Organic Milk @ $5.99
o   Eggland’s Best Organic Eggs @ $4.69
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $3.69
o   1 lb. Organic Valley unsalted butter @ $5.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $4.99
·         Grocery
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Coffee @ $5.99
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $1.99
o   Publix Greenwise Organic toasted oats cereal @ $3.79
o   2 lbs. King Arthur Organic Whole Wheat flour @ $2.42
·         Meat
o   2 lbs. Springer Mountain Farms (antibiotic free) boneless, skinless chicken breast @ $4.99/lb. – $10.88

·         Frozen
o   (2) Bird’s Eye frozen peas @ 50% off - $2.00
o   Pictsweet Frozen Brussels @ $2.50
·         Produce
o   Crushed Red Pepper Flakes @ $1.00
o   5 ¾  lbs. Sweet potatoes @ $0.49/lb. - $2.81
o   Organic bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.14
o   Del-Monte Pineapple @ $2.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.99
·         Other
o    Reynolds foil @ $2.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.99

Total before coupons              $63.26
Less: coupons used                    (4.00)
Total with Tax                        $59.26

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment