Saturday, November 24, 2012

Whole Grain Popovers

DSC07190

    Another week has almost passed since my last blog post.  The holidays are always a busy time and J.T. and I have been on the go this whole Thanksgiving week.  We left early Monday morning to go see his parents, who live in Dalton, GA.  After a few fun-filled few days of eating and shopping, we returned home.  I spent the rest of Wednesday evening cooking for Thanksgiving.  My parents and I split up Thanksgiving lunch.  I made the Sweet Potato Casserole, Gravy, Dressing, and Pumpkin Pie.  My Mom and Dad were in charge of the Turkey, Ham, Green Beans, and Cranberry Sauce.  It was such a delicious lunch!  We will be reliving Thanksgiving lunch again on Sunday, because there was at least half of everything leftover.  Yesterday, Mama and I braved  venturing into the stores.  We didn’t go anywhere that would be too terribly crowded.  Some of our stops included Talbots, Pier 1, Michaels, TJ Maxx and Belk.  The Belk shoe department was a sight to behold.  Shoe boxes, paper, and shoes were thrown everywhere.  I cannot comprehend why women go crazy over cheap, uncomfortable boots.  We shopped from 8:30 to 4:30 and I had such a fun time shopping with my funny mother.  Sometimes we get the giggles when shopping and I know the store associates think we are crazy.  Today we are going to the Alabama game with my parents.  I am not looking forward to the cold weather, but it should be a good game to attend.  This will be the first one we have gone to all year.  J.T. and I have had a great week spending time with our family and are so thankful for each one of them. 


DSC07152 DSC07155 DSC07159 DSC07161 DSC07162 DSC07174 DSC07177 DSC07187 DSC07186



Ingredients
·         2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, at room temperature
·         2 eggs, at room temperature
·         2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing the muffin tin
·         ½ teaspoon molasses (or honey)
·         ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
·         2/3 cup gluten-free whole grain flour blend

Directions
1.      Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and very thoroughly grease a 12-cup mini muffin tin. 
2.      In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, olive oil, and molasses.  Slowly whisk in the salt and whole grain flour blend.
3.      Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin (the batter should fill each muffin cup completely).  Bake for 16 minutes or until each popover is puffed and golden brown.  Do not open the oven door to peak!  
4.      After removing the popovers from the oven, pierce each one. This will allow any excess steam to escape.  You should expect the popovers to deflate.  Remove the popovers to a wire rack as soon as they are cool enough to handle.  Yields 12 mini popovers. 
Note:  These popovers can be stored at room temperature, but they should be consumed within a few days.  
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment