Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumpkin Ice Cream


     I am obsessed with pumpkin.  From the moment I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it.  I decided that Pumpkin ice cream would be our dessert at Sunday lunch.  My mom and I went nuts over this ice cream, but my Dad and J.T. would have probably preferred a slice of apple pie.  I have noticed that men (at least the ones in my family) seem to have some kind of aversion to pumpkin, butternut squash, and other “sweet” vegetables.  Oh well.  I borrowed my mom’s ice cream maker and prayed that it still worked (it hadn’t been used in over ten years).  Luckily, the ice cream maker powered up just fine and I successfully made ice cream for the first time in my life.  I don’t plan on making anymore ice cream this winter, but the warm weather last weekend turned out to be perfect for Pumpkin Ice Cream.    


DSC07069




DSC07034 DSC07036 DSC07037 DSC07042 DSC07050 DSC07051 DSC07054 DSC07057 DSC07059 DSC07061 DSC07063


Ingredients
·         1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
·         1 cup coconut milk (not light)
·         2/3 cup honey
·         ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
·         1 ½  teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
1.      With an immersion blender (or in a regular blender), mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.  Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator. 
2.      Pour the chilled pumpkin mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer instructions.  Serves 6.  

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment