Sunday, December 23, 2012

Publix & Farmer’s Market – December 22, 2012


      Yesterday morning in the freezing cold, J.T. and I headed off to the farmer’s market and Publix.  I was still too sick on Friday to brave going to the grocery store alone.  With J.T.’s help, I got all of our grocery shopping done before 8:30 on Saturday morning.  This worked out great because my brother and sister-in-law-to-be were in town.  Shortly after returning home from our outing, J.T., Otis, and I headed over to my parents house to spend the day.  I love when people come to town, because it gives me an opportunity to cook for a crowd.  I spent a large majority of the day in the kitchen.  With my husband’s help (and Ina Garten!), together, we created some very delicious meals.  Lunch consisted of Pappa al Pomodoro and grilled cheese sandwiches smothered in butter and oozing with cheese.  For supper we had grilled steaks and roasted salmon, Paris inspired olive oil mashed potatoes, and my brother’s favorite sautéed green beans.  I was able to do most of the prep work for today’s lunch yesterday as well.  We will have Ina Garten’s Company Pot Roast, Rice Pilaf with Gravy, Roasted Carrots with thyme, and last but not least an Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp.  I always look forward to time spent with family gathered around great food. 


DSC07426


·         Dairy
o   ½ gallon Organic Valley milk @ $4.39
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $3.39
o   ½ lb. Kerry Gold Irish Unsalted Butter @ $4.09
§  $2.00/1 WYB Publix Greenwise Organic Eggs - $2.09
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Eggs @ $4.29
·         Grocery
o   (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Coffee @ $5.99
o   (2) Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats cereal @ $7.58
o   (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $1.99
o   (1) 32 oz. Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive oil @ $5.88
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $4.88
o   (2) Gourmet House Organic Brown Rice @ $2.70
o   (4) 28 oz. cans Muir Glen Organic tomatoes @ $7.67
§  (2) $1.00/2 manufacturer coupon  - $5.67
·         Meat
o   3 ½ lbs. ground chuck - $13.00 (farmer’s market)
o   ¾ lb. ground pork - $3.00 (farmer’s market)
·         Produce
o   Organic Bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.58
o    4 medium sweet potatoes @ $0.49/lb. - $0.85
o   1 garlic bulb - $0.36

Total before coupons              $68.39
Less: coupons used                 (11.00)
Total with Tax                        $57.39

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment