Saturday, December 1, 2012

Publix – November 29, 2012


I cannot believe it is already December!  25 days from today I will be celebrating both Christmas and my birthday.  December is not exactly one of my favorite months.  I have always slightly dreaded the holidays, because they are so busy.   Most of the time when the holidays are over, I feel as though I need a vacation from my vacation!  You won’t be surprised to hear that the one thing I do look forward to at Christmas is the food – specifically baking Christmas cookies.  Over the last few years I have assembled tins, which each contain an assortment of festive Christmas cookies.  I pull out all the stops for these.  I normally make sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and something chocolate.  This year I was inspired by an article I read in my favorite magazine, Southern Living.  This article gave me the idea of creating a “Southern Sampler” cookie box.  Each box contains one basic cookie recipe (such as shortbread), but several different adaptations to flavor the cookies.  You can pick and choose (or create your own) variation.  This idea appealed to me because it should greatly simplify the cookie making process.  I am still trying to decide which cookie recipe I will make, but I have already purchased my cute cookie boxes and packing accessories.  I cannot wait to put these gifts together!  If you read my previous blog post, you may be wondering how may fluffy, doggie Otis is doing.  Otis is doing so much better and is back to his normal, playful, demanding self.  I am so thankful that his appetite is back and he is full of energy once again.  I am also grateful for the great shopping trip I had at Publix this week.  They don’t advertise many organic sale items, so I was happy to find cereal and chicken on sale! 


DSC07220



·         Dairy
o   1 gallon Publix Greenwise Organic Milk @ $5.99
o   ½ gallon Almond Breeze Almond Milk @ $2.50
o   (2) 8 oz. blocks Cabot Vermont Cheese @ $5.00
o   1 dozen Publix Greenwise Organic Eggs @ $4.29
·         Grocery
o   (2) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $3.98
o   (3) Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats cereal @ $7.50
o   (1) Farmer’s Garden Pickles @ $2.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer & $1.00/1 Publix Coupon - $0.99
o   (1) 15 oz. can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes @ $1.34
o   Diamond Crystal Kosher salt @ $1.00
§  $0.80/1 manufacturer coupon & $0.55/1 Publix Coupon - free
·         Meat
o   Publix Greenwise whole chicken @ $1.99/lb. - $8.08
·         Frozen
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Vanilla Ice Cream @ $3.50
o   1 bag Publix Whole baby frozen Okra @ $1.69
o   1 bag Cascadian Farm Organic Broccoli @ $2.49
·         Produce
o   Organic Bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.38
o   1 lb. sweet potatoes @ $0.99/lb. - $0.99
o   1 lb. Publix Greenwise Organic Carrots @ $1.29/lb.
o   2 lbs. onions @ $1.99

Total before coupons              $62.06
Less: coupons used                    (3.35)
Total with Tax                        $58.71
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment