Saturday, September 22, 2012

Publix – September 21, 2012


     As I mentioned in my post on Friday, yesterday was J.T.'s birthday.  The large majority of my shopping trip was centered around J.T.'s family birthday lunch, which is taking place on Sunday.   He requested the following menu:
     
     Roasted Chicken
     Cornbread Dressing with Gravy
     Cranberry Sauce
     Green beans in a can (his favorite vegetable!)
     Peanut Butter Pie (leftover from Friday night)

     I have spent a large amount of time baking this week.  All the recipes have been a success, including Gluten-Free Whole Grain Pumpkin Muffins, Easy Cheesy Crackers, Pumpkin Cornbread (blog coming soon!), Peanut Butter Cookies, and lastly Peanut Butter Pie
     
     The only product I wasn't thrilled about purchasing this week was the canned cranberry sauce.   There were only two options available to me: Publix cranberry sauce or Ocean Spray cranberry sauce – both containing corn syrup.  After thinking about the cranberry sauce long and hard (I am pathetic), I decided to buy the Publix cranberry sauce.  Since it is J.T.'s birthday, I made a "corn syrup" exception.  This dilemma prompted me to think about Thanksgiving.  I will either (a) make it myself or (b) purchase an organic variety online.  I will admit that price was the key factor in my cranberry sauce "situation".  I knew there was no way I could buy a bag of organic cranberries (or let alone find organic cranberries in Publix) for less than $1.39.  On Sunday, we will be content with our generic, corn syrup, cranberry sauce.  Since I just wrote about a negative (the cranberry sauce), I will end with telling you about a product I was thrilled to buy  – Triscuits!  I have been waiting for these to go on sale for a few weeks now.  Triscuits only contain three ingredients and are "real food" approved.  J.T. is a big cracker eater, so I paid $4.00 for three boxes using coupons.  I spent a total of $59.28 on groceries.   The extra $10 I added to my budget feels like $100 J


 

    DSC06712


  • Dairy
    • Publix Greenwise Organic Milk @ $5.99
    • Silk Almond milk @$3.49
      • $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $2.49
    • Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs @ $3.69
      • $0.75/1 manufacturer coupon - $2.94
  • Grocery
    • (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $1.99
    • (3) cans Publix Greenwise Organic Green beans @ $4.17 or $1.39 each
    • (1) can Publix Jellied cranberry sauce - $1.39
    • (1) 32 oz. Pompeian Olive oil @ $5.50
      • $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $4.50
    • (2) cans Bumble Bee Tuna @ $3.00
      • $1.00/2 manufacturer coupon - $2.00 or $1.00 each
    • (3) Triscuit Original Crackers @ $7.50
      • B2G1 manufacturer coupon &
        $1.00/1 Target coupon - $4.00 or $1.33 each
    • Publix Greenwise Organic Flaxseed @ $1.99
    • (1) Diamond Crystal Kosher salt @ $1.19
      • $0.40/1 Upromise coupon - $0.79
  • Meat
    • (1) Publix Greenwise Whole Chicken @ $7.60 or $1.99/lb.
    • (1) pkg. Publix Greenwise Chicken Drumsticks @ $4.31 or $2.99/lb.

     
  • Frozen
    • (2) Pictsweet Deluxe Family size frozen Brussels (BOGO) @ $3.39
  • Produce
    • Organic bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $1.84
    • Organic Girl Baby Kale @ $2.99
      • $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.99
    • Publix Greenwise Organic Celery @ $3.29
    • 1 lb. Publix Greenwise Organic Carrots @ $1.29/lb.
    • 2 lbs. onions @ $1.99
    • 1 garlic bulb @ $0.27

    $5.00 off $30.00 purchase Winn-Dixie competitor coupon

     

    Total before coupons         $72.53
    Less: coupons used            (13.25)
    Total with Tax                   $59.28

Print this post

6 comments:

  1. I was curious as to where you got the bumble bee q. I have some for the pouches but have not
    seen one for the cans. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Bumble Bee coupon from recyclebank.com. You must earn 80 points to print out the reward. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. where do you get the winn dixie 5 off 30 coupon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coupon came from my Enjoy the City coupon booklet. This booklet is sold by schools as a fundraiser. It included 4 Winn Dixie "$5.00 off $30 purchase" coupons. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Melissa Rogers9/25/12, 11:16 AM

    We seriously bought almost eh exact same things at Publix this week! haha. I even had the same coupons...$5 off one at winn-dixie too! BUT I major couponed it this week and saved 67.5% percent! I've started following how you use coupons though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! My coupons have been diminishing, but I still try to save when I can!

    ReplyDelete