Saturday, October 13, 2012

Publix & Farmer’s Market – October 11, 2012

      We ran out of coffee on Thursday.  By ran out, I mean there was absolutely nothing that could be brewed Friday morning.   If you know me (or J.T.), you understand that coffee is an essential part of our lives first thing in the morning.  I define “first thing” as the coffee being ready to drink as soon as I roll out of bed.  My SWEET husband normally preps and programs the coffee pot the night before.  The coffee catastrophe meant I had to go the grocery store at some point on Thursday.  Since I hate going multiple times a week, I decided to go ahead and get all my groceries a day early…living on the edge.  I was slightly dreading this trip to the store.  The Publix motto “where shopping is a pleasure” did not define my shopping experience last week.  I had a very rude cashier who did not accept my coupons nicely.  She instead complained the whole time about people who coupon.  Fortunately, my trip was much more pleasant this week.  My cashier, Mack, said he enjoyed scanning coupons.  WHAT A RELIEF.

    I think many people have taken advantage of coupons and abused the practice.  More recently, I have noticed how cautious cashiers are when accepting coupons.  They read the fine print very closely, as though they are trying to catch a mistake.  In fact, many cashiers at Publix do not know their own coupon policy.  I have had a few question me before, as though I am committing a crime.  I am very careful to strictly follow the Publix store coupon policy.  At the moment, Publix is very gracious with coupons – at least most of the cashiers.  I sometimes wonder how long they can continue to accept manufacturer coupons, competitor store coupons, and even store brand competitor coupons.  Is this too good to be true?  When will Publix have enough of customer coupon policy abuse?  I see too many people use multiple Target coupons on like items.  The Target coupons clearly read one coupon per customer.  I know that many good things come to an end, but I hope the gracious Publix coupon policy is not one of those things. 


DSC06800


·         Dairy
o   (2) ½ gallons Organic Valley 2% organic milk @ $7.00
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $6.00
o   (2) 8 oz. blocks Cabot Vermont cheddar cheese @ $5.00
§  $1.00/2 manufacturer coupon - $4.00
o   (1) ½ galloon Silk almond milk @ $3.49
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $2.74
·         Grocery
o   (2) containers Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $3.98
o   (1) box Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats cereal @ $3.79
o   (1) bag Publix Greenwise Organic Coffee @ $4.79
o   (2) 28 oz. cans Muir Glen whole tomatoes @ $4.78
§  (2) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons - $2.78
o   (2) 4 oz. cans Giorgio Organic mushrooms @ $1.90
·         Meat
o   3 lb. beef chuck roast - $11.50 (farmer’s market)
·         Frozen
o   ½ gallon Publix Greenwise Organic Vanilla Ice cream @ $3.50
o   (2) bags Cascadian Farm Organic broccoli florets @ $5.00
§  (2) $0.75/1 manufacturer coupons & (1) $2.00/2 Publix coupon - $1.48
·         Produce
o   Organic bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $1.72
o   2 lb. bag onions @ $1.99
o   1 lb. Publix Greenwise Organic Carrots @ $1.29/lb.
o   1 garlic bulb @ $0.30

$5.00 off $30.00 purchase Winn-Dixie competitor coupon

Total before coupons            $63.79
Less: coupons used                (13.25)
Total with Tax                      $50.54



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment