Saturday, October 20, 2012

Publix – October 19, 2012

     I feel like I have spent most of my time in the kitchen baking this week.  I made pumpkin muffins, blueberry muffins, brownies, 4 logs of slice and bake cheese crackers, wheat thins, and granola.  I am still working on the perfect blueberry muffin recipe.  My batch last week was too crumbly, and not crumbly enough this week.  I also attempted to make cornmeal biscuits for my seafood pot pie, which I am serving at Sunday lunch.  FAIL.  The dough never came together, so instead I will make drop biscuits and hope they turn out decent on top of the pie.  Gluten free baking for me has definitely been trial and error.  Luckily, nothing I have ever made has been inedible.  
     
     I am taking a break from the kitchen today and going shopping with my Mama. We are stopping by Earth Fare on the way home, one of my favorite grocery stores!  I have been under budget the past 2 weeks in order to have a little extra money to spend at Earth Fare.  Hopefully, I won't go overboard!  You may have noticed that the coupon savings have really plummeted.  I guess my grocery trip blogs have become more about budgeting organic foods, than couponing.  Knowing that I have to post what I buy, holds me accountable to my budget, and that's why I keep doing it.     


DSC06870


·         Dairy
o   ½ gallon Publix Greenwise Organic Milk @ $3.89
o   1 lb. Publix Greenwise Organic Butter @ $5.69
o   ½ gallon Almond Breeze Almond Milk @ $2.50
o   1 dozen Publix Greenwise Organic eggs @ $3.99
·         Grocery
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Coffee @ $5.99
o   2 lbs. King Arthur Organic Whole Wheat flour @ $2.69
o   Publix Greenwise Organic toasted oats cereal @ $3.79
o   (1) can Giorgio Organic mushrooms @ $0.95
·         Meat
o   1 lb. medium white shrimp @ $6.99/lb. - $6.99 (not pictured)
o   1 ¾ lb. ground beef @ $5.85 (farmer’s market)
·         Frozen
o    (2) Cascadian Farms Organic broccoli & peas @ $4.48
§  (2) $0.75/1 manufacturer coupons & (1) $2.00/2 Publix coupon - $1.48
·         Produce
o   Organic bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.56
o   Sweet  onions @ $0.99/lb. - $1.91
o   2 lb. green cabbage @ $1.62
o   1 garlic bulb @ $0.33

Total before coupons              $57.97
Less: coupons used                    (3.50)
Total with Tax                        $54.47


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment