Saturday, October 27, 2012

Publix – October 26, 2012


     The month of October has flown by!  After feeling like September would never end, I am sad to see October pass by so quickly. One day from now will mark the 6 month wedding anniversary of J.T. and I.  The first 6 months have been so much fun and I cannot wait to see what is in store for our future.  We will be celebrating this weekend and I am looking forward to what J.T. has planned.  I smell seafood J
     
     A little update on our “real food” experiment:  According to my blog, we have been eating “real food” since September 7.  J.T. and I constantly talk about how we feel (physically, mentally, etc.) since cutting down tremendously on our consumption of processed foods.   We both have seen a definite change.  I was worried about gaining weight, since I wouldn’t be eating anything with artificial sweetener.  Everything we eat around here is real – honey, maple syrup, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.  Surprisingly, neither one of us has gained weight since changing to higher calorie dense foods.  J.T. has actually lost 2 pounds (keep in mind this is a man who eats homemade brownies topped with full fat vanilla ice cream every night before bed).  We both feel full for longer periods of time.  I will admit that this change in lifestyle has not been easy.  I went from buying all J.T.’s school snacks, such as peanut butter cracker packs and nutri-grain bars, to making homemade crackers and muffins.  I also typically make a batch of brownies (or cookies) and granola cereal on a weekly basis.  I try my best to keep our freezer stocked with homemade waffles, pancakes, chicken stock, vegetable stock, pizza crust, cornbread, etc. to make life a little easier during the week.  I find myself constantly doubling recipes and freezing half.  Practically everything we eat is made from scratch now and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I love feeling better.  


DSC06932



·         Dairy
o   1 gallon Publix Greenwise Organic Milk @ $5.99
o   ½ gallon Silk almond milk @ $3.49
§  $2.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.49
o   1 dozen Publix Greenwise Organic eggs @ $3.99
·         Grocery
o   (3) Publix Greenwise Organic cereal @ $1.99 each - $5.97
o   2 lbs. Publix Great Northern beans @ $3.49
o   Spring Tree Grade B Maple Syrup @ $4.75
·         Meat
o   1 lb. Publix Greenwise Chicken sausage @ $5.54
·         Frozen
o   Publix Greenwise Organic Vanilla Ice cream @ $3.50
o   (2) Cascadian Farm Organic Broccoli & blueberries @ $5.98
§  (1) $0.85/1 manufacturer coupons & (1) $2.00/2 Publix coupon - $3.13
·         Produce
o   Organic bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.05
o   1 organic Granny Smith apple @ $2.69/lb. - $0.83
o   1 Del-Monte Pineapple @ $2.99
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon - $1.99
o   1 head green cabbage @ $1.24
o   1  sweet onion @$1.29 - $0.65


·         Other
o   7th Generation dish liquid @ $2.50
§  $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon $1.50
o   Publix Parchment Paper @ $2.79

Total before coupons              $60.66
Less: coupons used                   (6.85)
Total with Tax                        $53.81

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment