Monday, February 18, 2013

Publix – February 14, 2013

     I am a few days late posting my grocery blog for the week.  Over the weekend, J.T. and I, along with my parents, my brother, and his fiancée, traveled to South Carolina.  We helped my grandfather, Granddaddy Ed, celebrate his 96th birthday.  It was a short trip and J.T. and I were exhausted after returning home last night, but it was worth the lack of sleep to be able to see Granddaddy and other family members.  Of course, Otis was in tow for our road trip.  That dog loves riding in the car and going places.  I think he was happy to be coming home yesterday since he is very routine oriented, just like his Mama.  We returned home around 5:00 and this gave me enough time to unpack, wash a load of laundry, bake a batch of brownies, and line a few other things up for the week.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the new items I ordered from UKonserve waiting at my doorstep.  I ordered a lunch box, 2 sweat proof icepacks, and a stainless steel water container.  One of the ice packs is for J.T.’s lunch box, but everything else is for me.  I needed something to pack my lunch in for my new full-time job, which I begin next Monday!  I am looking forward to having a job with daily, consistent hours and am excited to begin something new J


DSC08198


·         Dairy
o   ½ gallon Organic Valley milk @ $4.29
o   Publix Greenwise Eggs @ $4.29
·         Grocery
o   (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats Cereal @ $3.79
o   (2) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $3.98
o   Publix Greenwise Organic  Coffee @ $5.99
o   (2) 28 oz. cans Muir Glen Whole Tomatoes - $4.00
§  $1.00/2 Publix coupon - $3.00
o   (1) 8 oz. can Muir Glen Tomato Sauce @ $0.89
o    (1) Crisco extra virgin olive oil @ $3.00
·         Meat
o   1 ¾ lbs. ground chuck @ $7.00 (farmer’s market)
o   1 ¾ lbs. ground pork @ $7.00 (farmer’s market)
o   1 ½ lbs. pork chops @ $6.00 (farmer’s market)
·         Produce
o   Organic Bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $2.51
o   Organic Celery @ $1.99
o   2 lbs. Publix Greenwise Organic Carrots @ $2.58
o   1 garlic bulb @ $0.32

Total before coupons              $60.79
Less: coupons used                   (1.00)
Total with Tax                        $59.79
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment