Saturday, February 23, 2013

Publix – February 21, 2013

     This Monday I start my new full-time job at the University of Alabama.  For the past 1 ½ years I have been studying for my CPA and doing part time work at three different places.  I am looking forward to the consistency of working the same hours at one place, five days a week.  With my other jobs, I never knew when I would be working, so I could squeeze in a load of laundry or baking a batch of muffins if I had part of the day off.  I will not really have the opportunity to do that anymore.  My wonderful husband has offered to take over doing laundry, so that leaves all the meal preparation up to me.  J.T. and I like to eat dinner between 6:00 and 6:30, because this gives us more time after supper to watch tv and relax.  On rare occasions when we eat after 7, it feels like by the time we eat dinner and clean up, it is time for bed.  If we want to continue to eat at our usual time, I will have to get dinner on the table fairly quickly after I arrive home from work.  Each week I always have a menu plan, but I have decided to get as much prep work done over the weekend as possible.  For example, if I know we are having soup one night, I will make the cornbread muffins and freeze them over the weekend.  This leaves only the soup for me to cook that night for dinner.  I have been doing this for the past few weeks and it has worked successfully.  Yesterday, I took the day off work for myself.  I spent all day in the kitchen and our freezer is busting at the seams!  Today, my body aches and I am very sore all over from standing on my feet all day.  However, I know it will be worth it next week when much of supper has already been prepared.

098 (2)


·         Dairy
o   ½ gallon Publix Greenwise Organic milk @ $3.99
o   Publix Greenwise Eggs @ $4.29
o   ½ gallon almond breeze almond milk @ $2.50 (not pictured)
·         Grocery
o   (1) Publix Greenwise Organic Toasted Oats Cereal @ $3.79
o   (2) Publix Greenwise Organic Oats @ $3.98
o   2 lbs. Gourmet House organic brown rice @ $2.70
·         Meat
o   Publix Greenwise Chicken thighs @ $3.48
o   Publix Greenwise Chicken drumsticks @ 3.48
·         Frozen
o   (2) Green Giant valley fresh steamers (sugar snap peas) @ $2.59
o   1 lb. Publix whole okra @ $1.69
o   (2) Cascadian Farm broccoli & Spinach @ $5.18
§  (2) $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons & (1)$2.00/2 Publix coupon - $1.18
o   (2) Cascadian Farm peas @ $4.98
§  $1.75/2 manufacturer coupon & $2.00/2 Publix coupon - $1.23
·         Produce
o   Organic Bananas @ $0.99/lb. - $3.08
o   1 organic green bell pepper @ $2.99
o   Publix Whole mushrooms @ $1.99
o   3 lb. bag yellow onions @ $3.29
o   2 lbs. Publix Greenwise Organic carrots @ $2.58
o   5 lb. bag grapefruit @ $2.50
o   1 garlic bulb @ $0.39

Total before coupons              $64.83
Less: coupons used                   (7.75)
Total with Tax                        $57.08
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment