Sunday, November 17, 2013

Menu Plan, November 17 - 23

You may begin noticing a trend with my weekly menu plans.   Trends such as:

  1. I normally serve soup on Monday night during the fall/winter. 
  2. We always have veggie burgers on cornmeal waffle cakes with some form of vegetable "fry" on Wednesday night.  We have to eat by 5:45 on Wednesday nights, because J.T. has to leave for church at 6:15.  I do not arrive home from work until 5:15, so most of this meal must be done in advance.  About once a month, I make the veggie burgers in large batches of 16, which provides each of us with 4 lunches and 4 suppers.  I freeze the burgers in batches of 4 and defrost them overnight in the refrigerator, the night before I plan to serve them.  The cornmeal waffle cakes, which serve as our bread, are made in advance too and I always have a batch of these in the freezer.  The vegetable fries are prepared by my wonderful husband.  I lay out all the ingredients, the utensils, and the recipe before I go to work.  J.T. prepares the recipe and pops the fries into the oven, since he gets home from work earlier than me.  When I arrive home, I put the veggie burgers and waffle cakes onto a sheet pan and they go into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. We always have waffles and eggs on Friday night.  After a full week at work, I am pooped and love having something easy and fun for supper.  I make the waffles in advance and freeze them.  When I arrive home from work, I pull the waffles out of the freezer, slather them with peanut butter, and pop them into the oven for 10 minutes.  J.T. fixes the eggs and dinner is served.  This by far our favorite meal of the week. 

Sunday
  • Shepherd's Pie
  • French Lentils
  • Popovers
Monday
  • Potato Soup
  • Cornbread Muffins & Popovers
Tuesday
  • Tuna Croquettes
  • Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
Wednesday
  • Veggie Burgers on Cornmeal Waffle Cakes
  • Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday
  • Mini Meatloaves
  • Rosemary White Beans
Friday
  • Peanut Butter Waffle Sandwiches
  • Fried Eggs
Saturday 
  • Leftovers


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment