Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Fools



    
     Once again months have flown by since I have updated my blog.  I have good intentions of doing better, but I get in a hurry, forget to take a picture of what I have made, and then I have nothing to blog about but memories.  No photographic proof of my labor.  However, almost a month ago on February 9th, we celebrated my brother’s 28th birthday.  I was so proud of my culinary dessert creation that I actually took pictures!  I must note that this was not my brilliant recipe, but came from the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perleman.  This cookbook was a birthday gift from my sweet husband.  I only made one adaptation to her original recipe, substituting homemade whole wheat graham crackers in place of the digestive biscuits.  Honestly, I did this to save money because I didn't want to pay $3.00 for a whole box of crackers when I only needed seven for the recipe.  The dessert was a huge hit!  Since I didn’t have parfait glasses, my mother suggested that I use jelly glass mason jars.  This made the “fools” incredibly easy to transport over to my parents’ house for the party.  If you are interested in the recipe, click here.


 

Otis wanted to help blow out the birthday candles.


Of course, Christopher is known for photo bombing pictures.  


Happy (very belated) Birthday Christopher!

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment