Sunday, March 16, 2014

Menu Plan, March 16 - 22

  
     Another week has been spent RICEing my knees (rest, ice, compress, elevate) and they are both slowly getting better.  I can tell a big improvement when descending staircases and I am very relieved both knees are healing.  The right knee is slightly more tender than the left, but I will be back on the treadmill soon.  I checked a major item off my to-do list this week, when I filed our taxes.  Hallelujah! I was planning on doing them over Spring Break but was able to get them done early.  Speaking of Spring Break, it is approaching very quickly and J.T. and I both cannot wait!  Last year we went to Washington but this year we are home bound.  I am really looking forward to simply spending time at home.  The majority of our life is spent at work, so I love lazy days spent doing little projects around our apartment.  I already have my Spring Break to-do list going and our menu plan mapped out. I am looking forward to trying many new recipes that I am not brave enough to attempt during the week.  

     A little project that J.T. and I did last weekend was work on hanging my new spice rack.  This wooden shelf was made by my grandfather.  About a month ago, we were cleaning out his attic and stumbled upon it.  I immediately envisioned all my spices fitting on it perfectly.  They are alphabetical (of course!) and so easy to access.  The blue willow tea cups on the top shelf belonged to my grandmother.  I love having a piece of Mama Jean and Granddaddy Ed in my kitchen.   Please ignore the terrible phone picture.  



DSC08998

Sunday
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Green Beans
  • Jam Cake
Monday
  • Quinoa Pea Soup
  • Cornbread Muffins
Tuesday
  • Homemade Hamburger Helper
  • Peas
Wednesday
  • Hummus Sandwiches
  • Roasted Carrots
Thursday
  • Spinach Sausage Polenta Squares (new recipe from Whole Grain Mornings)
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Friday
  • Leftovers
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment