Sunday, March 23, 2014

Menu Plan, March 23 - 29 (SPRING BREAK!)

  
     It's Spring Break week!!!  I always thought that I would say goodbye to Spring Break after my last year of college.  Luckily, I became fortunate enough to work for a University that gives students AND employees Spring Break.  Blessed.  Over the course of my week off, I am trying multiple new recipes and restocking our freezer.  Out of the recipes listed below, I plan on quadrupling the burrito recipe and tripling the hot dog recipe.  Plans have also been made to make a large batch of hummus, marinara sauce, strawberry muffins, and tortillas.  I hope the freezer door will shut!  Of course, nothing has been set in stone, so an impromptu trip to Zoe's Kitchen may pop up.  Sunday lunch will consist of just J.T. and me, so we aren't having anything fancy.  I am trying to save a little money to put toward ingredients I need to get ahead with my cooking over the break.


.   

   I have been experimenting in the kitchen with different snack bars, but I have yet to find THE recipe.  I love these little snack bars because they are perfectly portioned, making it easier for me to control how much I am eating.  A slightly adapted recipe has been made of both Pumpkin Spice Bars and No-Bake Granola Bars.  So far, I have enjoyed the granola bars more than the pumpkin bars.  


.  
     I am happy to report that my knees are much better, so I started back on the treadmill this past Monday.  Since I am taking things slow and trying to strengthen my thigh muscles, I am only walking.  Hopefully I can begin interval running soon.  Over Spring Break I will start Pilates, in hopes that it will also strengthen my legs.  My new running shoes have also helped ease the pain in my knees (Thanks Mama!).


Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
  • Leftovers

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment