Sunday, April 20, 2014

Menu Plan, April 20 - 27


     One of my favorite holiday meals to cook for is Easter.  Ham, casseroles, and deviled eggs are all beloved favorites in our family.  Although we are all adults, the Easter bunny still comes to visit all the children - me, J.T., Christopher, and Gill.  Of course, I am not complaining because the Easter bunny that comes to my parent's house always leaves money in the eggs and a few other goodies in our baskets.  

    Schedules will finally slow down around our house this week.  No more Easter rehearsals and I get my evenings back with my husband.  We have several things to look forward to over the next few weeks.  Our second anniversary is approaching (April 28) and we are taking in quick trip to Atlanta to see our favorite baseball team play.  The school year for J.T. is coming to a close and I know he is excited about a break.  Plus, I have a few furniture projects lined up for him to start.  However, J.T. and I are most excited about July.  Why?  After 14 months of hard-core budgetary discipline, we will finally make our last student loan payment.  Since May of 2013, we have consistently put a minimum of $3,000.00 a month on our student loan.  Traveling more, saving for a house, and increasing our grocery budget are in the near future!!!  

    I always like to include a least one picture in my menu plan post.  My brother and sister-in-law gave me a tortilla press for Christmas and I have been using it frequently in the kitchen.  Homemade corn tortillas are so easy to make and they worked as a good "bun" for my hotdogs wraps.  Recipe development still in process...

.


Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
  • Hummus Sandwiches
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Thursday
  • Sloppy Joes on Whole Grain Corn Muffins
  • Leftover Lima Beans
Friday
Saturday
  • Leftovers

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment